New Delhi, 13th March. A Common Communication Plan (COMPLAN) for Coastal Security has been promulgated by Department of Border Management (BM-II Division)/Ministry of Home Affairs for coordination among various agencies for the coastal security of the country.
Under this COMPLAN, following agencies are coordinating:
1. Indian Coast Guard
2. Indian Navy
3. State Marine Police/State Police
6. DG Shipping
7. Department of Fisheries (MoFAHD)
8. Ports/State Maritime Boards
9. Department of Forest & Environment
10. State/UT Administration
11. Intelligence Agencies
12. Oil Handling Agencies
13. Narcotics Control Bureau
14. Directorate General of Lighthouse and Lightship
15. Director General of Shipping
Some of the major threats to Indian coastal security include illegal migrants, narcotics, smuggling, transgression of fishermen across IMBL, safety and protection of offshore terminals etc.
This information was given by Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Ajay Bhatt in a written reply to Dr Sonal Mansingh in Rajya Sabha on 13th March.